Although we are reopening, things will be quite different when it comes to church worship and events. Some of the changes may seem strange and difficult, and hopefully, some may be able to be relaxed soon. Please read the following guidelines for attending church carefully and get in touch if you need clarification.
You are welcome to join us, however, it is important to consider whether you are ready to return to church in person. This will vary from person to person and be based on many factors. We hope you will be able to join us in time and come back when you feel ready.
- Do not attend if you have any Coronavirus symptoms. A high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss of taste and smell.
- Maintain Social Distancing of at least two metres.
- If you are over the age of 11 you will need to wear a mask, it is a legal requirement unless you are on the exemption list.
- Sanitise your hands on entering and leaving the building, sanitiser is provided near the entrances.
How are we making the building safer?
We are following advice from the Methodist Church to help make our building safer. It is not possible to make it 100% safe. Some of the things are doing to make it safer are:
- Regular cleaning during the week.
- Chairs and door handles will be wiped down before and after the services.
- If there are multiple services the chairs will be cleaned or isolated.
- Limiting numbers in the church.
- Sanitiser, Soap and Water and spare masks are available.
What will Worship look like?
Before you come
In order to attend church in person you must pre-book. You will be allocated spaces with your family/bubble if they are available. Please do not attend church if you have not had your place confirmed. We are live streaming many of our services, why not join us from the comfort of your home, that way you can chat and sing as loudly as you want! Pre-book your place now.
When you arrive
A steward will greet you at the door and ask you to sanitise your hands and put on a face covering, if you haven’t already. If you are exempt please just let the steward know.
You will then be shown to your seats. In order to maintain social distancing, you will be unable to walk around the church chatting before the service. You can chat with people nearby, you don’t have to ignore everyone! But please stay in your allocated seats.
If you need the toilet before, after or during the service they are located in the vestibule and are limited to one person at a time.
How the service will be different
The service will be shorter, between 30 and 45 minutes, will include less music and will not include any congregational singing.
After the Service
We are unable to provide refreshment after the service. You will need to leave quickly and not stop to chat.